The design inspiration was derived from the beauty of the landscape, surrounding ocean and bay views, and the iconic mid-century modern aesthetic of the existing community and neighborhood.
- Preserve and enhance the iconic mid-century aesthetic of the existing community.
- Reduce water usage and maintenance for the mature landscaping.
- Revitalize the campus community including renovations to the main building residential units and updating existing underutilized amenities.
- Focus on creating sustainable living spaces.
- Create a flow of interior and exterior space for relaxing and entertaining.
- Taking cues from the surrounding neighborhood and existing architectural features on the site, the timeless mid-century design includes clean lines, vaulted ceilings, large expanses of windows that bring in natural light, and contemporary finishes.
- Sustainability elements were integral to the design, such as bioswales that filter storm water, and help reduce water usage and maintenance required for the lush park-like setting.
- The main building's residential units will be completely renovated and include the same modern finishings as the Patio Homes. Common area amenities, like the library courtyard, pool and dining terraces, have been updated and enhanced with features that would allow the residents to leverage their time outdoors in San Diego's temperate climate.
- Capitalizing on the sweeping views and mature natural environment, front and rear patios were added to every unit, allowing the residents to bring the outdoors, in. The units were also designed to utilize natural breezeways, minimizing reliance on air conditioning and heating.
- To gain additional square footage for the units, each building was reconfigured from its original footprint, preserving existing landscape and expanding all of the site walkways to ensure full site ADA accessibility.
MORE RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS